Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Edwards' Blogger Resigns; World Offers a Hearty "Finally!"

John Edwards' controversial (read: vulgar and bigotted) blogger, Amanda Marcotte has resigned.

Here is a segment of her resignation notice. It has not been altered in any way.

I was hired by the Edwards campaign for the skills and talents I bring to the table, and my willingness to work hard for what’s right. Unfortunately, Bill Donohue and his calvacade of right wing shills don’t respect that a mere woman like me could be hired for my skills, and pretended that John Edwards had to be held accountable for some of my personal, non-mainstream views on religious influence on politics (I’m anti-theocracy, for those who were keeping track). Bill Donohue—anti-Semite, right wing lackey whose entire job is to create non-controversies in order to derail liberal politics—has been running a scorched earth campaign to get me fired for my personal beliefs and my writings on this blog.
In fact, he’s made no bones about the fact that his intent is to “silence” me, as if he—a perfect stranger—should have a right to curtail my freedom of speech. Why? Because I’m a woman? Because I’m pro-choice? Because I’m not religious? All of the above, it seems.
Regardless, it was creating a situation where I felt that every time I coughed, I was risking the Edwards campaign. No matter what you think about the campaign, I signed on to be a supporter and a tireless employee for them, and if I can’t do the job I was hired to do because Bill Donohue doesn’t have anything better to do with his time than harass me, then I won’t do it. I resigned my position today and they accepted.


Now, my commentary-

What skills would she be referring to? The cussmouth ones? I guess that would take a special kind of cussmouth to be hired by an ambulance-chaser with Presidential dreams.

Her victimisation seems most appropriate for someone who generally is clueless, classless and without decent writing skills. I've seen this kind of victimisation and deflection before- in children. If caught, a child will deny he's done something wrong. If he cannot deny it, he will implicate someone else as well in order to lessen the penalty to himself, or even blame someone and never just accept that he and he alone is responsible for what he's done. One is a little more patient with a child, a being not expected to master self-reflection and accept his wrong-doings, but one is plain out disgusted with someone who claims to be an adult as Amanda does. I really expect her to be locked in her room, threatening to pull out her hair until mommy and daddy buy her something. After an hours-long stand-off, she is brought out with juice and a trip to the mall while her older brother looks on in disgust. I'm sure Amanda has done this before.

Her accusation that Bill Donahue is an anti-Semite is another priceless gem of self-deflection and, even more so, sour grapes. How is he an anti-Semite? I'm curious. It's typical for certain persons or groups to cast aspersions on others because they don't share this, that or the other view, or if they are instrumental in another's downfall (i.e.- Amanda's). If Amanda only saw how simple it was- insult someone, they don't thank you for it. She would never have gotten away with the things she wrote had they been directed at, let's say, blacks or Muslims (she would have gone into hiding then). She should not be surprised that anyone would be happy that she refers to sacred persons or anybody in the most vulgar terms.

Right-wing shills caused her to resign? Does she mean the Illuminati or the Free Masons? I'm surprised she doesn't come right out and blame the Jews. She resigned because the heat was too much. Remember- she "apologised" before she resigned. Again, she is a victim of powerful shadowy men. If you are calling about the bridge, I still have it. Call back on Saturday.

Amanda Marcotte really thinks she is that important to be targeted by anyone. Why? Has anyone heard of her prior to this? This entire episode is her only claim to fame. After that, it's back to being Miss Nobody again. If she inflates her ego this much, you can only imagine the pure excrement she writes (I do mean that in every sense of the word) is just fanciful.

There is the usual "being hated for being a woman/not religious/ect". Typically thoughtless victimhood and typically wrong. Has it ever occurred to her that her "writings" might be- oh- offensive, as she deliberately meant them (hiding in her office, away from prying eyes)? Michelle Malkin is a woman and she has covered this more than I have. I've spent valuable bandwidth covering this when I could have devoted things more important than this insincere, trashy little moron. Does she realise that I could have posted a recipe for fruit curry or started a debate on which is cuter- mini-mew or the baby tiger? Thanks, Amanda. Now the world will never see. So selfish she is, and a bad writer, too!

I should move on. Surely, another bigot with a foul mouth couldn't be worth my attention, could it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again. You hit the nail *right* on the head!

~Your Brother~